THIS PAGE INCLUDES INFORMATION TO HELP CLIENTS WITH FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE, GRIEF SUPPORT, PET HEALTH INSURANCE INFORMATION AND MORE…
Financial Assistance for Veterinary Costs
- Big Hearts Fund, for heart disease
- Canine Cancer Awareness, cancer treatment for dogs
- Cats in Crisis, for cats with kidney, thyroid, neurological or cardiac disease
- Diabetic Cats in Need, for shelters, rescues, low-income owners
- Dog and Cat Cancer Fund, cancer treatment
- FETCH a Cure, for pets with cancer
- Joshua Lewis Cancer Foundation, pets with cancer
- Magic Bullet Fund, dogs with cancer
- PieFund, focuses on cancer
- Riedel Cody Fund, cancer treatment
- Stymie Canine Cancer Foundation, dogs with cancer
National Organizations in the United States
- American Humane Association’s Second Chance Fund, for nonprofits helping homeless victims of abuse or neglect (numerous species)
- Brown Dog Foundation, for sick pets that would likely respond to treatment
- Buddy Care Foundation, for critical medical care
- Cody’s Club, [not a 501(c)(3)] radiation treatment at nonprofits
- Feline Veterinary Emergency Assistance, for cats with life-threatening illness or injury
- Frankie’s Friends, for emergency and specialty care
- Handicapped Pets Foundation, provides equipment
- IMOM (In Memory of Magic), non-routine care for companion animals
- International Association of Assistance Dog Partners, for assistance dogs
- Mosby Foundation, critically sick, injured, abused and neglected dogs
- National Equine Resource Network, life-saving surgeries or treatments
- Onyx and Breezy Foundation, medical treatment for hardship
- Paws 4 a Cure, illnesses and injuries
- Pet Fund, medical costs beyond normal expenses
- RedRover/United Animal Nations, grants between $100 and $200 to fill small funding gaps
- Shakespeare Animal Fund, for those meeting federal poverty guidelines
PET HEALTH INSURANCE
GRIEF AND BEREAVEMENT RESOURCES
Association for Pet Loss and Bereavementwww.APLB.org
This is a national clearinghouse for information on mental health professionals who provide pet loss support. There are state-by-state listings of pet loss counselors.
P.O. Box 106, Brooklyn, NY 11230
The Delta Society promotes and studies the improvement of health through service and therapy animals. It has resources regarding pet loss.
875 124th Ave. NE, Suite 101, Bellevue, WA 98005
World by the Tail, Inc.www.VeterinaryWisdom.com
This company provides services and products for anyone who loves, lives, and works with pets. It specializes in grief support, but also provides other emotional support resources for pet-owning families and veterinary professionals.
126 West Harvard Street, Suite 5, Fort Collins, CO 80525
The Argus Institute, Colorado State Universitywww.ArgusInstitute.colostate.edu
This is a counseling program that is sponsored by the Colorado State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital. It provides counseling for CSU clients during and after the treatment of their companion animals. Pet owners who are not CSU clients may receive one free support session and educational material. They are available Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Mountain time.
300 West Drake, Fort Collins, CO 80523-1620
Marty is a grief counselor specializing in pet loss and offers grief-healing courses for pet owners via the Web. To sign up for classes, log on to www.SelfHealingExpressions.com.
Your Pets Health is our #1 Priority
Our Wellness Plans make providing the best preventative care for your pet hassle-free! It’s an East Shelbyville membership with unlimited FREE office exams! Spreading the cost of wellness veterinary care over 12 months, helps eliminate large lump sums. These plans will help give you peace of mind because you’ll know that your pet’s complete comprehensive healthcare is covered. Whether you need to have your pet’s teeth cleaned, have them spayed or neutered, vaccinated, examined or have unlimited therapeutic laser sessions, we have the plan for you. We even have an add-on PLUS plan that will cover your pet’s heartworm, flea & tick prevention as well as UNLIMITED nail trims for the year at a discounted rate!